FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"creeping" & rolling in bed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tamiem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "creeping" & rolling in bed
    Posted: 22 March 2009 at 9:39am
Hey all,
the last couple of months we have been battling with our DD creeping up in bed during the night - then waking because her head is hitting the top of her cot and/or she has no blankets on. She always sleeps in a go go bag, and we have 1 light blanket over top because our house is pretty cold. We usually pin the bottom of the sleeping bag down (un P-C I know) which usually works, but sometimes she still tries to creep up and ends up waking with her go go bag stretched as far as it can go!
If we don't pin her, instead just pulling her down frequently during the night she'll sleep all night.

Also she's rolling onto her tummy and moving around lots when she's first put down, but she won't sleep on her tummy.

I know I can buy a safety sleep, but these seem expensive! Any other suggestions? My MIL said to maybe try tying a pillow or something against the end of the bed so she doesn't hit her head, but I'm not that keen in case something happens!
The Sale Fairy is a weekly email newsletter, advertising online sales & specials for baby, children’s and maternity products.

www.thesalefairy.co.nz
info@thesalefairy.co.nz
Sponsored Links

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 9:48am
We use a bumper (as Issy ends up all over the place). We actually bought two .. it covers one side completely .. the head area and half way down the other side. Although many times Ive looked in on her and she is sleeping the wrong way round near the foot of the bed?!?!

She likes to have a gap where she can see out (as if she is REALLY restless one of us will sit (or lie down) in her room till she drifts off.

We do have a safety sleep but we now only use it if she is particularly unimpressed about going to bed .. it just gets her to stay lying down! (Its still loose enough for her to roll around though).
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2009 at 11:12am
It might be worth having a look on TM for a safety sleep, I have seen a few for $1 reserve and some that look pretty decent for less than $30.

Or, if you or someone you know can sew, you could give it a go making one out of a sheet and some velcro. I am going to ask my gran in the next couple of weeks to do this for me

Not sure about the rolling in bed, as DD is not quite at that stage yet, but could she be trying to get comfy?

Also, haven't done this myself but maybe having the head end of the cot on a slight angle would stop her from wriggling up to the top of the bed?

Little Angel, April 10
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 12:52am
Maybe try a wedge?

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 7:59pm
I'd say go the Safety Sleep, in my experience they're worth every cent. I've used them with all four babies, lil miss is still well and truly strapped into hers every night coz otherwise she'd never stay lying down.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2009 at 9:07pm
My Maddi was much the same, she crawls around in her sleep
We ended up getting a safety sleep for $20 off trade me in excellent condition and it has been great! She can now undo it but only when she knows shes ready to get up.

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 8:38am
lol we have the exact same problem in our house. Thomas is all over the place in his cot at night. Wedges dont work cuz he rolls straight over the top, I made a safety sleep and that doesnt work because he moves so much that the thick velcro comes open and he pulls it apart!!! We have just put a nice bumper in (its actually super long so it tucks under the matress) and let him go for it. He has a sleeping bag so he doesnt get cold when the blankies come off lol. Silly bubbas!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
Twinboys2b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twinboys2b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2009 at 10:46am
I had the exact same problem, I swear by Safe T Sleep's - Eli sleeps on his tum & we just strap him in really loosely & he goes striaght to sleep now whereas he used to creep to the top & bang his head.

In saying that what we do for Jacob is tuck the end of his sleeping bag (it's 0 - 2yr so has heaps of room at the end) into the end of the mattress & also in a wedge & that seems to work. Jacob sleeps on his back but if he had a chance would go on his front & get frustrated.
3yr old gorgeous ID twin boys.
 Post Reply Post Reply