FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGift Idea??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gift Idea??
    Posted: 07 March 2009 at 5:41pm
Hiya

A mum from school has been kindly picking up and dropping Nyah off before and after school. She has been doing this for me for about a month. Next week is the last week, as we are moving next weekend and Nyah will be using the Walking School bus.

I'd like to get her and her kids a thank you gift. She has four kids aged from 4mths to 10years... I'm a bit stumped for ideas for a family gift....

Does anyone have any suggestions???

TIA
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

Snappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 5:52pm
How much were you wanting to spend .Mel?
I was going to suggest maybe a voucher for something they all could all do as a family?
Mummy to two beauties... Formerly Kaiz.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 5:55pm
Probably $50 at the most. I was thinking voucher too, just don't know what kind...
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 6:12pm

What about to a local family resturant???

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
busyissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busyissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 6:35pm
Hmm thats a tricky one. You want something nice for mum but fun for the kids. I was going to suggest voucher to Lollipops but personally think it is parent hell. Movie vouchers maybe?
my4beauties View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my4beauties Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 6:47pm
How much is a family pass to the Zoo?  Do you think they'd like that?  Or to the Museum?
My babies:

R (9),G (7), J (5)

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 7:08pm
I was thinking a zoo pass too
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 7:55pm
Two adults and three kids is $62......
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 7:55pm
$50 grocery or petrol voucher might be most appreciated. nice gesture Mel.
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 8:18pm
Ohhh thats a good idea Liz...
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 8:54pm
What about a couple of board games? You could get trouble which little kids can play too, and is about $15ish and maybe monopoly or scrabble or cranium or someting that the older kids can play and adults would enjoy too?
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:17pm
Or some nice home baking and stickers for the kids? If you wanted to do the movie thing, it's probably easiest to get vouchers from a movie rental place.
maysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 9:24pm
I was going to suggest board games too. Or you could make up a hamper of some goodies to suit adults and kids. Nice coffee/tea & 2 nice coffee mugs (or wine & wine glasses), and then some nice biscuits or home baking and a few other yummy chocolates or fruits. The $2 shop has mini wasjig puzzles so you could get a few of those to put in for the older ones along with some stickers???

Post Reply Post Reply