FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWho do you want to thank?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who do you want to thank?
    Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:54am
In the spirit of Christmas I thought it would be a great idea to publically thank people on this forum for any support, advice, care packages that they have kindly bestowed on you. Or perhaps you just want to thank everyone?   yes I stole this idea

I want to thank
ALL of the girls that hang out on in the daily chat thread, we need to get that back up and running!

ALL of the Vodafone Warriors Fans (great to be able to share my excitement!!)

ALL (too many to name) of the girls that I had the pleasure of meeting this year, you are all fantastic woman, and great mummies!

A big special thank you to Jo and Clare! Just cause

Soooooo Thank away!!!

Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

Sponsored Links

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 10:04am

Aw Mel, what a gorgeous idea.

I have so many to thank too so sorry if I don't thank you all by name but special thanks to Mel and Clare and Julia for putting up with me on here and elsewhere (love you girls) and thanks to Charly because you're such a sweetie (looking forward to meeting you IRL next year).

Thanks to all the girls in the Waiting to TTC thread who kept me occupied (if not sane) while I was waiting for the go ahead from DH. 

Thanks to Kerryn who I keep promising to go for walks with and haven't quite made it yet (maybe in the new year?)

Thanks to the girls from Daily catch up and the girls from the Due in June thread and also the girls who listened to me and supported me while I was second guessing myself in the 2WW (gosh I get around).

Thanks to all who read my lame jokes and post a response.

Edited by MrsMojo
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 10:11am
What a great idea (although it makes it feel like thanks giving!)

Thanks to all the Jan/Feb Mummies .. for being the sisters Ive never had .. and just like sisters we all have our own opinions, but we all feel safe expressing how we feel, even if it differs from each other.

Thanks to Mel ... Im not sure if you know this .. but you got me through some rough times during Issys first three months in the world.

Thanks to Jo ... (just because ) .. Noooo I do actually have a reason. You are the one I run too when this whole working Mummy thing gets on top of me .. and you ALWAYS know just the right thing to say.

Oh and thanks to Emma .. for "lending" me Yvonne

Oh and a final thanks to the December 08 Mummies who always let me lurk and chat in their thread
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
Neeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 10:23am
Aww, what a great idea

I'd like to thank the October 07 Mummies for getting me through Keziah's first year (and a bit) and hopefully more to come. Without you all I would have gone stark raving mad... But seriously, you are a fantastic group of women of who I wouldn't have made it through the tough times I had with latching, breast feeding and all those horrid sleepless nights!! to you all

Daily Chat Thread - For all the great times spent chatting about random stuff

Due in August 09 - Looking forward to being apart of this group since I actually just joined yesterday but already you have all been a fantastic support.

And to the rest of the OhBabiers - You've ALL been a great help to me since I joined here and I am thankful that I have this place to come to when I need questions answered... You're all like family to me!! you all

Freesia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 11:04am
Thank you to all the Jan/Feb mums who have shared our pregnancies, births, motherhood and for some of us, the hardest times of our lives together. I could never thank you enough for the support and advice you have all given. I would've felt really alone if it weren't for you. I love you guys to bits

Thank you to those who have organised and come to our meetups. It's nice to know that there are 'real' people behind all the messages.

Thank you to everybody who contributes to these forums. You have helped to make the whole motherhood experience just that wee bit more enjoyable.
aussiegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aussiegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 1:06pm
Thankyou to becks and janine for organising the secret santa

Thankyou to all the June 08 mums for sharing pregnancy tales and sharing our info, advice and goss since our babies were born...(nearly 6 months ago now! )

Thankyou to all the lovely ladies who are my facebook friends

Thankyou to jess for her cool new website, which I won a great prize from!

Thankyou to mel who kindly invited me to her place when i was going to be in Auckland...unfortunately we didnt get to meet up!

Thankyou to everyone on this site for making it such a friendly and informative website and forum!!
Mum to Hayley **30.6.08
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:24pm
I also want to thank God

Jay_R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:36pm
This is lovely

* Thank you to Jo. You have been my saviour these last few months. You go above and beyond. You rock.

* Thank you to Mel. You have provided me some much needed girl time when it all just gets too much. And you gave me a reason to start baking caramel slice again. You rock too.

* Thank you to all the wonderfully supportive women on here who never judge but offer sane and sensible advice when we need it.

* Thank you to my little guy Joshua for bringing so much love and joy into my life.

* Thanks to ginger and Char. Just cos.

Edited by joshierocks
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 5:43pm

OK from me (sorry it long).

• Emma for letting me crash when we came up in September.
  • Mel, Deb, and Toni for coming round to Emma's to see me the night before I flew out
  • The daily Catch Up girls for putting up with me from January to June while me and Nigel were apart.
  • To everyone who has sent me PM's saying thanks for organising SS - no problem it was fun doing it.
  • Kels for being along side me doing the single mum and studying thing
  • Gen for doing the paper with me (but I then pulled out)
  • Janine for helping me with SS this year

Um I think that is all.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
BugTeeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugTeeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:00pm
Jo! You have made my day! I can't wait to meet you IRL, too!! Thank you for all your great advice and wisdom. I know you've helped a lot of us jan/feb Mums, as well as me.

A HUGE thank you to the Jan/Feb Mums!
(in no particular order) Amber, Kate, Serenity, Mel, Verena, Trish, Liz, Jane, Julia, James (even though you don't love us enough to post ), Emma, Katie, Char, Shell and KA and TA! (gee I hope I haven't forgotten anyone!!)
You've all been a huge help and a fantastic support. I really, really REALLY would have lost my mind (and maybe my marriage? )if it wasn't for you!
I love you all like sisters.

Thank you to SimSam for hosting our wee get together last month. AND for the music CDs! Hannah's had hours of grooving!

Thank you to everyone on OB. Your advice and everyday chatter has made me smile - and realise I'm not actually alone!!

I would love to thank you all by name, but that would just take too long!

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:35pm

I remembered one more

Peachy - thank you so much for all your help with the new vacuum cleaner - you are the best!!!!

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:43pm
Awww reading these posts always makes me tear up!

(even re reading the ones Ive read before lol)

MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 6:56pm
Just want to add a special thank you to my SS who sent me my favourite chocolate, my favourite bubble bath and a great gift for my favourite girl as well as cookie cutters which I have wanted for ages.  Thanks for getting me exactly what I wanted, it was such a great surprise.

Edited by MrsMojo
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 7:04pm
Thank you to too many people for being part of our incredible journey this year - so many people bit their nails with us, held us up, shed tears when our IVF was successful, have celebrated with us as Cuinn has grown (and grown and grown and GROWN! ). I couldn't list you all individually if I tried.

Also thank you to the wonderful women who have popped out of the woodwork at just the right time.

Nikki - because you're you, and you're an inspiration.

CaraMel - without having a clue you'd done it, you ended my head-scratching search for a baby sunscreen and I'm unbelievably grateful (it's bizzare what weird things send you into an anxious spin when your hormones are all over the place! )

Anna - for patiently sitting waiting for an email reply I haven't done yet

Simsam - for the photo story which STILL makes me laugh , for being there and for getting the string almost perfect .

Gen and Sarah Beth - you know why.

Katherine - so do you.

Those I'll remember at 3am ... I'll spot you then
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 7:05pm
And to .Mel for such a good (thiefed) idea!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 7:36pm
I want to thank Mel for this idea and all you young Mums for putting up with an oldie like Mum and the due in June 2009 Mums who will find me lurking in there frequently
We really need some more Nanas or Grandmas on here to join me
tishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:06pm
Awww Charly!

Thanks to all the March/April mums for being there beside me on the good and bad days throughout my pregnancy and since the twinsies were born.
I hope the Friday night chats will continue

Also a a big thanks to the Jan/Feb mums for making me feel so welcome and again for being there through thick and thin.

And to 'both' of you for sharing your bubbas with me
I know that without you guys to come to day after day that I would have slowly gone insane and your friendship had helped curb the loneliness that has been lingering these last few months.

A huge thanks to everyone on OB who help make this place and enjoyable forum and a bottomless pit of knowledge that have made the first year of motherhood a little less difficult.

and
kiwisj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:27pm
THANKS to the Feb 09 Mums to Be for all the goss and sharing and support - especially over the past few weeks when things have been so crazy.. Promise I will stick around! (even if you get sick of me)

THANKS to anyone who has answered my random questions in the pregnancy forum

And THANK YOU all for being a link to home during my pregnancy and being such a good perspective on "real life" while I'm away from my family and girlfriends. You're all fabulous!!

Merry Christmas!
SJ
Callum - Dec 2008
Daniel - Oct 2010
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 8:38pm
Im bound to leave some people out, its not intentional . I also forgot to turn the tap off before , my floor no longer needs a clean ....

First of all, Emma ,cos she does a great job on here, and cos I think shes amazing

Mel, because she gave me a nickname , plus she makes me laugh

Jo -for finding my perfect wedding dress and posting funny things that give me a chuckle for the day ,and for making me think about how its enjoyable to be a mum, seeing the pleasure she gets from it

Steph-for being a fb chat buddy , and a friend

All the other ladies in the daily chat thread

All the ladies who were in the 2ww thread with me, and who were so supportive and so excited for me when i said i was pregnant

all the ladies who are now in the June 09 thread, the next 6 and a bit months will be funner having you guys to share it with

The girls that are so willing to share when things aren't going so great in their personal life,it really makes me feel like we are friends

Annie -for introducing me to the site in the first place !

Anouska -for humoring me with pics of her brother (tho im sure it was a tad disturbing )

and finally the ladies I cant imagine this site being the same without , Rachandjack, Kaiz23, Ginger,Emz, Kandice,Renee, Janine , KA, Neeks, Sheza, Jeszica, Simsam, Arohuanui, Kels, kellverona, tishy , Becks, The artist formerly known as Nikki whyte , Debs , James,lilfatty,charly, mum to ella , caraMel.,butterflymum, Tastic, kiwisj,catzkids, mumsymoo,Lisha ,joshierocks ...now I KNOW ive left some people out, my mind has blanked out tho ....

and last but certainly not least, all the newbies that have joined, i cant wait to get to know you all and make new friendships

Edited by caitlynsmygirl

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:12pm
Oh thanks Kelly, I found my name YAY

Firstly, I want to say a massive thank you to my Jan/Feb mummies.. it's been a very hard year for me (for a lot of us) and late at night with DH away for weeks on end, I knew I could find someone to reassure me. It would be so wonderful if our paths are ever to cross (even though they have with TA and KA).

To the Dec mums, for letting me still be in the *gang* without being a Dec mum It's been great spending the last 18 months with you, through the ups and downs, and now to the first birthdays.

To THE KELLY - for making light of most situations when we are getting intense - you're a gem!

And a big thank you to everyone who has had to deal with me during TTC, pregnancy, the first year and also my husband's crappy job lol. You're all wonderful!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>