FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Weight loss thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 243>
Author
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 4:10pm
Lilfatty - would you pretty please tell me what you eat during the day? I'm really struggling to come up with easy meals. We always have a big dinner so that's not able to change, but would look forward to any advice you can give!
Sponsored Links

ohanlon82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohanlon82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 4:27pm
yeah i eat between 5 - 6 little meals a day :)

would love to know what you eat to lilfatty
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/TikiPic.php/RPaODBg.jpg
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 4:41pm
emz - an easy meal is tortillas/wraps.. i've been eating lots of these over the past couple of weeks. they taste yummy, and you just shove whatever in them and can make them different each time for different taste. I just chop up capsicum, cucumber etc one day and do lots and shove the rest in the fridge prechopped for next time.
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 5:31pm
Snacking is OK, it's what you snack on that counts!

And if anyone wants to be nosy, I have an online food journal - I have to keep this for my PT anyway but I figured having it out in the open will keep me on the right track! I'd be too embarassed to fall off the wagon

Anyway, the link is: The Uphill Battle

Try not to laugh too much
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by AnnC AnnC wrote:

So what is everyone doing thats working to loose the wieght?

I eat really well and ensure I eat 3 good meals plus morning tea.  I don't deny myself dark chocolate but I don't keep it in the house/at work either so if I want some I have to go and buy it and I'm never allowed it before a meal so generally I don't buy it.

I am exercising regularly again (mostly resistance training) so that's helped heaps too, although I've had a cold for the last couple of weeks so didn't exercise during that time except my daily walks, but I also plan to start running.  I hate running too and I look emo when I run but I don't have time for a decent fat burning walk anymore so I'm going to have to run or I won't get any decent cardio into my routine (I currently walk for about 45 mins each day but it's broken up - during my trips to and from work and home - and 90% is on the flat).

My new plan is to also cut out wine for a few weeks.  I not a big booze hag or anything but I have been enjoying a glass of wine each night after Michaela's in bed and that's an extra few hundred kjs I can do without.

Emz, I have a plate that's bigger than a side plate but smaller than a dinner plate.  I use that at dinner time and make sure it's at least 1/2 full of vegetables.  I also ensure I have fruit/vege at every meal.

Edited by MrsMojo
susieq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susieq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:09pm
I dont eat morning tea, have cut out sugar even on porridge
drink lots of water and evn tho my glucose level was up to 7.8 today from 4.8 I have lost 6 kilos in about 5 weeks
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:20pm
Umm for those of you who asked I eat as follows Mon-Sat and on Sunday its the same except lunch is usually chicken and veges at Mums place and I have dessert.

Breakfast 1/4 cup oats made with water and I mix in 100g pineapple in juice

Morning tea .. low carb protein shake (Dymatize) and a small banana

Lunch .. 1/2 tin of tuna in water with either rice wafters or a slice of toast ... and I put hummus on as a spread before the tuna.

Afternoon tea ... protein bar .. or protein shake and a small piece of fruit.

Dinner ... grilled chicken ... small wedge of pumpkin or kumara and hummus.

Ive always eaten really plainly so thats about as exciting as it gets. Oh and I dont really do veges hence the reason you dont see any in my food lol.

And ... I tend to eat like above as its what I am used too not because its any special diet

Oooo I did try chicken and hummus on a wrap for lunch once ... it was very yummy .. but the carbs are SUPER high and I couldnt justify that on a daily basis.
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:34pm
Your eating plan is pretty much what mine is lilfatty, except that I often calorie cycle. 3 days very low calorie days and then one higher calorie day and loads and loads of protein bars and shakes!!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:37pm
Yeah I did that when I was competing peachy ... however Im soo lazy that if I eat the same on a daily basis I never have to think about it lol

Although Sundays are a great high calorie day so that my body doesnt think im starving it.

peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:45pm
I agree, I never have to think about whats to eat, its pretty easy ahy!! Sundays my high calorie day too! I Sundays!! Mine is pretty much a bodybuilding cutting diet, I am pretty good at sticking to it, it got me to my goal weight on my wedding day a year ago, so I know it works!

I wished I lived near the city as I would love to train with someone too and I know you were looking for someone. I am so used to training with a buddy, I am still enjoying training but find I don't push myself as hard
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 6:54pm

I am in. I need to lose weight but my PT has told me not to concentrate on the weight loss at the moment and concentrate on my fitness. I want to at the end of November run 2.4km in 12 minutes 30 seconds (it is the Army RFL run for my age and sex). At the moment I can run for 7 mins straight and then die and I can run just over a km. I know I need to get my eating under control but as we don't have easy access to a supermarket (30kms away) I find it hard to have fresh fruit and veges in the house.

So i won't be in with weight just at the moment as once my running is under way then my PT will weigh me.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
HippyMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HippyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:13pm
Becks - you and me both, but I have to do the same run in 11m 50s Am slowly working on getting my pace up to standard, but it's hard. I need to start going on longer, slower runs to build up my endurance.
Mama to two earth walkers & two angels.

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being. ~ Kittie Franz

Next Slingbabies! Meet - Friday 4th May !!
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:20pm
Becks - remember frozen vege is as good as fresh, and often if you get fruit in juice not syrup (read the labels though) they can be a better choice than not eating fruit at all.

Lilfatty - that's where I'm going wrong. I like nice food There's no way I could stick to that cos I need variety. Plus I have IBS which just throws in another kettle of fish.
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:21pm
Becks, tinned and frozen fruit/veges are just as good as fresh as far as nutrients goes.  No idea how they comapre caloriewise though, I guess it depends on what you choose.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:27pm
peachy mine is a bodybuilders diet but with carbs and a high calorie day lol

I did that for four years (bodybuilding competitions) so thats why I always tend to revert to that style of eating because it comes naturally to me

Tonight I cycled to the gym .. did leg training then cycled home ... I could hardly get up our stairs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:37pm

Yeah I have heaps of frozen and canned stuff its just getting them out of the freezer and cans to cook. Getting them out of the fridge is so easy.

Doing the run at that time is the max time, I want to do it in a quicker time if I can.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 7:58pm
ohanlon82 ...

Im doing the Adra Fun Run in November as a kind of mini goal for the Triathlon ... you might want to do that too (its a run along Mission Bay im just going to do the 5k option)

ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 8:09pm
Wow awesome response!!! Yeah doesn't have to be just weight loss, most definitely can be maintenance or fitness.

Well I'm following WW points too, am keeping track the majority of the time, have over indulged a few times but hey that happens. Also suppose to be doing turbo jam...just need to kick myself outta bed early, like 5:30!, so will work on that too. Hard to believe that I've put on soooo much weight in 3 years!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 8:11pm

If I hunt out my WW books I will go by them again, but once I have my fitness sorted.

ooEvaoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooEvaoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2008 at 8:15pm
Saweeeet!! the more the merrier!!.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 243>