FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Dark Knight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dark Knight
    Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:33am
We just went to the movies to see The Dark Knight - the new Batman movie. I really really enjoyed it and thought Heath Ledger was amazing as The Joker.
Has anyone else seen the movie & what did you think? Do you think he deserves an Oscar? I kept thinking how sad that he's dead as there aren't that many good young male actors.

Sponsored Links

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:41am
I thought it was great! We watched it last night. I thought Heath Ledger was fantastic - definitel lived the role (which I think may have been the problem in the end?) Definitely think they should change the rules and nominate him for an Oscar - currently you can't receive an Oscar if you're dead unless you died after the nominations were made. So at the moment he's not actually eligible.
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:44am
I think they are able to give Posthumous Oscars, which is what they are talking about for him

I havent seen it yet, but i really want to , ive watched some clips on youtube , and it looked great, he looks awesome in it
i also watched an interview he did about it before he died and even then , he doesnt look "right", hes all fidgety and keeps looking distracted.
So sad, had so much talent
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:48am
We went and saw it last week....fabulous movie and Heath Ledger was amazing! It was so eerie watching him in some of those scenes!

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:50am
Yeah they can but the rules state at the moment that you have to be alive at the time of the nominations. One man has received a Posthumous Oscar before, but he was eligible because he died in between nominations and the award ceremony. Strange rule really, apparently they are, or already have, changed it, to allow actors to be eligible.
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 7:38am
It was relentless! But fantastic! Heath did a great job and it is a real shame he has died, he would have gone very far.

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 9:16am

Ooo just cant wait to see it!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 9:18am
DH went last night and saw it without me He did tell me how awesome it was though

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 9:45am

Looking forward to seeing this one!!DS (71/2) is a huge batman fan, but I thought this might be a bit "dark" for a batman film?  What do those that have seen it think, would it be ok for him to see?

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 9:46am

just reread my post - dark-dark knight - lol!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 9:52am
It was fantastic! DH and I saw it with friends yesterday (we splashed out and saw it at the circle lounge in Botany ) ... it was SO good in fact that I managed to hold on for the ENTIRE movie without peeing! and that's saying something

That tongue thing that Heath Ledger did was completely creepy but was one example of the bond with his character that I thought was incredible. That pencil thing the Joker did was bleurg!! I sat there for a minute going ... where did the pencil go ...? ..... ..... ..... Ohhhhh. ARGH!!
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 11:11am
It was awesome, and a little sad to think what a waste of talent the death of Heath Ledger is. He definately stole the show.
I also found some parts of creepily funny, in a sick twisted kinda way.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
JadeC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by KiwiMummy KiwiMummy wrote:

Looking forward to seeing this one!!DS (71/2) is a huge batman fan, but I thought this might be a bit "dark" for a batman film?  What do those that have seen it think, would it be ok for him to see?

I don't think I'd take a 7 year old to it, I was fairly disturbed myself!!

It was dark, but fantastic, I loved it.   
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by KiwiMummy KiwiMummy wrote:

No I wouldn't, it was pretty dark and some of it I think would be too disturbing for kids.

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:04pm
I'd have to agree with the others - it is quite dark ... I spent a little teeny tiny incy wincy (half the movie) of time with my eyes shut and my fingers in my ears myself. Plus, you'll see what I mean when you see it, Harvey two-face is pretty creepy a the end too.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:34pm
I agree too, i think it's too 'dark' for a 7 year old. I thought it's quite realistic compared to the other Batman movies IYKWIM

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 1:36pm
There were loads of young kids at the session I went to in Palmy I thought it a bit dark for them, and loud the young girl next to DH had her hands over her ears at one stage.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
CuriousG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 3:26pm
I also wouldn't take kids. I probably wouldn't even take a 13 year old. Its pretty scary and I also had my eyes closed a couple of times.

Leelee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leelee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 8:31pm
I saw it today and thought it was an awesome movie. Heath Ledger done an amazing job playing the Joker.

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 8:37pm
I went with DH on Friday night and thought it was fantastic, after it finished most of the cinema started clapping which was kinda cool.

Only disappointment I found was the bass/music level, made it hard to watch towards the end, but other than that it was really awesome, I'll agree that it was quite dark too, I did have to cover my eyes on occasion!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>