FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"Gross" foods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Gross" foods
    Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:00pm
Whilst growing up, my mum (who is Japanese)exposed my brothers and I to foods that a lot of people consider plain gross. To me they are just normal things that I'm happy to eat if the opportunity happens to arise, and I'm not speaking of anything particularly exotic...

Anyway, during this pregnancy I have found myself really feeling like a lot of these things that I haven't had in a long time. Tonight I had some pigs trotters, last week some chicken giblets and I have an inkling for some livers as well!! I also like tongue and kidneys...heck I think I'll eat most parts of an animal (nothing domestic, or whale like of course)... I never really took a liking to black pudding though..

So what kind of things do you like that are considerably "gross" to most?
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:05pm
ahhh i had a hankering for some liver when i was pregnant too...

cant think of anything, do like black pudding tho. oh and brawn. mum used to make it!

caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:06pm
I've eaten black pudding, its a standard component of the english breakfast. yumm.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:08pm
Mum used to give us brains as babies lol but I couldn't stomach them now I do eat liver and tongue tho, and kidneys.

Willie is far more adventurous than me, he makes his own brawn from pork head, he eats black pudding, pigs trotters and tails, muttonbird...

Oh and he has the gremlins eating black pudding too, they love it!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:19pm
Nothing! Though I do dip my icecream into popcorn at the movies and people seem to find that odd.

I do like brussel sprouts, but that is hardly odd.
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:19pm
Ooh yeah I love pork brawn.... I was buying it from Pak n Save once and the old lady serving me at the deli was going on and on about how not many young people eat this kind of thing..
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by miss miss wrote:

Nothing! Though I do dip my icecream into popcorn at the movies and people seem to find that odd.

I do like brussel sprouts, but that is hardly odd.

Snap to both those things. You'd think I'd just told people I am a cannibal (I'm not btw) when they find out I love brussel sprouts.

I also dip my mcdonalds fries in my choc sunday.

Not too keen on livers/tongue/brains etc but my dad eats all those things and Michaela has eaten liver off his plate and likes it.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 7:09pm
Yumiko - don't tell me you eat natto!!!!????
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 7:57pm
i do peanut butter and jelly sammies...YUMM
and marmite nad banana sammies....YUUUUUMMMMMMMMM

I have a friend who is cambodian who eats chicken feet but wont do it around europeans! except me! LOL!!! I think she is gonna make sure ella eats them!
my2angels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my2angels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 8:39pm
gross gross gross.
I dont eat any animal things like tongue etc... bout the most adventurist i get is jam and cheese sandwhiches or on toast, umm dip my fish in chip, chips into the donut sugar, munchos and again fnc chips into chocolate diary food. thats about it for me though
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 11:35pm
I like veges I like meat too but there's nothing in this thread that I'd call meat!

And I like mushrooms, but only if they are cooked. Not raw.
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:01am

I like black pudding and brussel sprouts. I cant eat any things like tongues, tails or livers. I used to eat lambs tail when I was younger but couldnt stomach it now.

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Jennz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 6:25am
I like Black pudding and Brussel Sprouts too! I've never had any offal or pigs trotter etc so not sure if I would like them, the idea puts me off though. I love blue vein cheese too

Popcorn/ice cream- chips/milkshake etc I love them too!
Jen, Charlotte 7 & Kate 3

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 7:48am
Originally posted by lizzle lizzle wrote:

Yumiko - don't tell me you eat natto!!!!????

Haha no, but I have tried it. My mum LOVES it though...stinks sooooo bad!!
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 10:43am
DH is half Chinese and he has tried to make me eat some more adventurous foods. Chicken feet, squid and jellyfish come to mind.
I wasn't at all convinced about the chicken feet but the squid and jellyfish were ok.
When we were in HK his mum shared some rice that tasted a lot like I imagine farts would, she said it was a real delicacy but not for me, sorry!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 12:46pm
I had a craving for tongue but didn't last very long - thank goodness. Wouldn't want any now either

miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 2:49pm
OMG, I am trying to imagine rice that tastes like farts - LMAO!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 4:23pm
Eeew, we were in a temple in Japan with Lewis' mum and all we ould smell was this disgusting rotten stench.

"mmmm" says the MIL "smells like rotton corn"
ick ik ick

BTW c is not working propperly on my computer.

exept for then
Andie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 7:42pm

LOL at the farty-rice!! 

I can barely touch chicken skin, won't go near prawns with their shells on and got upset when I saw a leg of lamb on our bench today, no way could I eat the rest of that stuff!  I like to at least try them once though to prove to myself I've given it a shot - tried brains... gagged in the restaurant.  I'd soooo try jellyfish!  And black pudding is on my list of childhood delicacies - mmmmm, blaaack puuuding.

Andie
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 8:14pm
ick ick ick, i remember mum used to make lambs fry and bacon.. i'd pick thru and eat the bacon, same with steak and kidney - i'd eat the steak - i got gooood at knowing the difference between the feeling of a piece of steak and a piece of kidney at the end of the fork (she smothered it in gravy caserole to try and make it undistinguishable) YUCK!

I do like to dip maccas chips in their chocolate sundaes, apparently this is a bad habit to teach one's nieces and nephews.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>