FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIs it just me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:12pm
WOAH I agree with Kellz -$300 is excessive ...I wouldn't even spend $300 on an item of clothing for myself (I'm a real cheapass when it comes to my clothes ...sales only)

Edited by Mum2Lucas
Single Mum to a darling wee boy of 3 years :)
Sponsored Links

Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:17pm
I have a few items I got in London that cost about that in NZ$, but I wouldnt dream of it now! Well I do dream of having a disposable income actually,...but it aint happening! Lol!
BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:20pm
Don't we all Kellz lol
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:25pm
Kids clothes are expensive although I do find that JK is the cheaper one out of them and PP.

I get James' clothes from all over the place we live just down the road from Dress Mart so if I time it right I can get some real good bargains from JK or PP.

I have no problems with clothes from T&T I actually quite like them as well as some Kmart clothes and I use hand me downs for daycare or The Warehouse and the only thing I get from Farmers is PJ's and bodysuits when there on sale the ;last couple of seasons their clothes I have thought to be not that nice looking.

I also find trademe great for bying nice new things for example I have gotten James a Gap Hoodie, levis hoodie and some Converse Boots and they were all either $20 or under brand new and those are his good clothes which I don't mind spending a little bit more on.

Also now that he's stopped growing so fast and I can get good use out of them don't mind the prices to much.

Sorry if your still reading that turned into a novel

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:30pm
I must admit that I don't buy alot from JK. I find their outlet store at Dressmart up here really slack.

I do tend to buy the 3pack onesies from PP, at Dressmart because they fit Cooper so well.

and no I don't really go to Dressmart weekly!!! lol
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

BuzzyBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:34pm
Oh yes forgot to give good old Trade Me a mention ...we haven't been to Dress Mart since WAY BEFORE I was preggy ...maybe I shall head that way before his 1st Bday - is it just all clothes stores? (can't remember fully) Any other shops along the lines of 'baby' or 'toy' type stores?

Onesies ...can you get them in size twos? I find them GREAT   especially in winter as a singlet and in regards to keeping bubs back nice and warm...
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:34pm
Ok, haven't read half the posts here yet (will go back and do it i promise)

I must say that we buy a majority of the girls clothes from Tnt.   

Occasionally we get from pumpkin patch for a very very big special occasion, or Paris likes to save her little bits of pocket money and go and get little headbands etc from there sometimes. She is still very very choosy about what she wears, it has to look good.

JK, we had a whole heap of stuff handed down to us that another family had used for their little girl for daycare stuff!, admittedly, lol we used it for the girls good stuff cos it was still in great condition (although i have found daycare teachers tend to ensure kids actually wear an apron etc when painting when in expensive clothes but despite being brand new, the pairs of warehouse winter trackies will come home the first day covered in bright red paint which ends in them looking REALLY budget after that! ARGH!)

We buy at sales or the otaki outlet for the PP or JK stuff and get a few neat things. We get alot of Paris's tops etc from Farmers because they fit her nicely and have the girly hearts etc on them that she likes.

Otherwise i just get from tnt, again, at sales as even tnt clothes are pricey enough when they come in new season.

as an example. I have just gone to tnt a few days ago while they have their end of summer sale, and done a bit of a shop for some summer shorts etc for paris for next year in size 5/6, bearing in mind she needs some stuff that looks nice but is able to be worn to school where it will probably be treated like daycare clothes are - that means they're gonna get dirty.

I got 5 pairs of shorts/cargo 3quarter pants, and 5 t-shirt type tops, for $41.82... I thought that was really good.   I added up the tickets from their original prices, and the total came to $191. and something cents. I nearly fell off the chair. I would never in my life have paid $18 each for the tops, they weren't worth that, was very happy with getting them for $3 - $5 each

ooooh - i have found a new addiction though.    
A new place called cotton-on kids has opened here, from what i know my MIL says it's a big store in Aussie, and i have found the cutest things there for the girls and most of them on sale lately too... The first time i walked up to the store it was with my mbig sister and mike and the girls and i took one look inside and said "oh dear, i could spend alot of money in here"

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:47pm
Yep you can get onsies up to size 2 a few of you have mention cotton kids hopefully we get a shop down here soon.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
.Mel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 10:51pm
I love Cotton on Kids.. love it love it. Such good quality clothes, and the girls clothes are just gorgy.
I admit that I only buy from the outlet store though...
Mr Mellow (16)
Miss Attitude (8)
Destructa Kid (3)

linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 11:14pm
When all the sales are on I buy stuff for the kids one year in advance and put them away. Don't think I've every bought anyting from PP or JK unless it was on sale.

Overall like JK's which I would buy for smart clothes but otherwise it is anything on sale. Boys selection at TnT is limited, have gone off Farmers and Warehouse and with Cotton on Kids they have some nice stuff but don't like it overall.

Shoes are the other thing that is getting me. Alex is 2 and his shoes are pretty cheap but Harry is 4 and has big feet and the price really increases when there feet get big. I also try to buy shoes a season in advance but that is a bit more risky. Got some shoes at the Warehouse of $2.50 (sandals) last year hoping I was ok size wise when summer came and they are perfect, Alex wears them all the time (whew).

The school that Harry is going to wears a uniform....that should hopefully help!
Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 5:41am
I love cotton on but muss say we only by from there on sales...but i do buy ahead!

M2L - love that papakura shop and puke one is my fave!!! Ella has the cuttest hawaiian bikini from there!

re JK - have to say i just bought Ella two gorg smock tops to go with jeans for winter ($9.99 each) and three of the tops like she was wearing in her photo shoot - i fell in love with them at the shoot - the stripey ones...soooo versatile! and only $9.99 each so def a good buy!

Grannie buys PP - we got heaps when she would go to Otaki all the time to outlets...and i usually only buy it in sales or outlets too...have bought ahead for next summer already.

HAving said that Melb shopping trip meant we bought heaps at target, big W etc and also at heaps of asian stores - hence her 13 pairs of jeans (all gorg embroided!)
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 7:39am
We mostly get Daniels stuff from tnt. Whats the point in spurging out on something that is only going to last them a few months? At least with adult clothes they last a couple of seasons or more but with kids clothes I don't see the point in buying "quality stuff" because they aren't in t hem long enough to matter.

All Daniels tnt stuff is still going strong and haven't had any issues with the quality even though I mostly paid $3 per item for most of his stuff.
MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 7:43am
I went shopping for Kylah on thursday. I went to TnT and got her 2 hoodies, 2 tshirts, a pair of pants, and 2 tops for $40. I then went to pumpkim patch and almost choked on how much it cost me for 2 tops, 1 pair of pants and a pair of tights.. $140!!!!

Now i just buy all her PP jeans off TM. I also bought her a brand new jogger set for $40 that i had just got from PP for $60!
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 7:49am
Stacey, I bought Oshkosh overalls for Jake when i was pregnant with Taine - they wash brilliantly and with a pick shirt under - could also be for girls. Stuff like that I'll buy quality, but more for future bubbas. Poor taine gets the hand-me-downs! oh well!

i hear you on shoes though! my jandals were $5, Jake's were $20! I am looking for some sneakers for him now. got the last ones for the bargain of $5 from Farmers during a clearance but they are looking pretty rugged now. It actually looks like I may be better getting him label ones - that can be passed on to Taine, rather than the ones at No.1 - which are still $25!
Leish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 8:35am
We buy all our clothing on sale. I just don't see the point paying full price when in a month or two it will be dirt cheap. Nearly all our clothes are label clothes and we've found over the years that if you can get good enough deals (outlet stores, end of season sales etc), its the same price if not cheaper than buying from cheaper places, and you get WAAAAAAAAY better quality.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 8:46am
Inflaaaaaaaaation.

I make clothes now.

That and 'branded' clothes drive me a bit nuts. I don't like having 'sweetie' and 'baby girl' and sparkly fluffy crap all over Hannah's clothes.

These clothes/ are what I am dreaming of. (But I could never ever afford them so I am going to try to make some like them!)
miss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 9:31am
I mostly get given stuff for lily, I buy very little. But when I do they usually come from baby factory.

Also PP do have a website with a specials area, that makes them a lot cheaper and anyone can buy form there - you don't need to be near an outlet store to get outlet prices.
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 9:33am
we buy from t&t for Jack. he is in daycare full time so I don't see the point in spending a fortune. Went in the other day and got about 40 items for $120 which I thought was awesome. I also have to say, that I have never found anything I loved for him at JK or PP so don't even bother looking now.

Some of my favourite clothes for him are from the UK, my auntie is over there and sends stuff back for him, it is always gorgeous!
popcorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 9:45am
Morning ladies, I completely agree about Farmers clothing! We bought him some pjs from there and all the domes have fallen off after one wash! T&T are great but their clothes seem to shrink a bit! I find Pumpkin Patch is the best fit for Thomas but its sooo expensive! I forgot about dressmart will have to go there I think for new clothes.

Where is this shop in Papakura? Sounds brilliant!
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 11:03am
We spend a small fortune on clothes for Gina but we tend to buy pretty much everything from PP. Other than that, S&C have some neat stuff and the merino kids stuff is lovely, also Country Road although I never seem to buy much from there.
I'd also love to buy some Trelise Cooper stuff for Gina but will wait for a little while still - although some of her stuff is sooooooo gorgeous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>