FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedtemperamental 7mnth old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sarah hanna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah hanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temperamental 7mnth old
    Posted: 14 October 2005 at 9:46am
hi! my seven mnth old just won't sleep through the night, i've let her cry, she still likes to be wrapped up tight,won't go to sleep unless she's on the boob!(and she's starting to get teeth!) my first two slept the night at three mnths, i think my throat has been cut! any suggestions
Sponsored Links

lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 10:21am
My girl didn't sleep though the night till she was nearly one.  Sorry no suggestions to help
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 1:28pm
I think the teething might be why she's not sleeping.. my daughter stopped sleeping through the night at 10 months when she got her first tooth.. she still doesn't always sleeping through the night, infact, we have more days during the week when she will wake and not sleep through. She is 15.5 months now

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 1:30pm
This won't help her sleep through, but I can tell when Ella is sore from teething as she wakes up and is biting on something, so I give her bonjela/welelda teething powder or pamol and she will usually go back to sleep then..

melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 6:37pm
There was a really good article in Little treasures a few months back about sleeping through.
One of the mums interviewed goes to my playcentre and really recommended it. A big thing was to separate sleeping and b/feeding so it was suggested that she b/feed then story/quiet time then bed. If they won't settle by themselves you put a chair by their bed and then they know you are there still. Can't really remember all the stuff in it, but well worth a read.
However, 7 months isn't really all that late to be sleeping through. ANgie was 15months or so before she was sleeping through as well.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 9:49pm
Hannah also likes being wrapped and I found a safeT Sleep really helpful as she felt extra-secure. Also helped because she couldn't stand up in her cot.

May be worth a try?

Sometimes if Han doesn't sleep I rub her belly until she calms down. Maybe finding a soothing motion that your babe will respond to and you can phase that out as she gets better at going to sleep.

Good luck!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 2:55pm
Maya was sleeping thru from 7 weeks, but around 6 mths she seemed to 'forget' how to sleep without feeding or rocking. Plunket told me it is a normal stage of development - their recall memory is beginning to develop and they begin to understand that if they cry, you respond.

We got thru it by using controlled crying. The first night she screamed for 2 1/2 hours, the second just over an hour and the third night she slept thru.

I know controlled crying isn't for everyone and we found it really difficult (I had Plunketline on the phone the whole time to stop me going in and picking her up lol), but it did work for us.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 12:05pm
oh yeah, they say it takes 3 days to change a babies habits... looks like it worked for Emma.
so providing you can stick out 3 days then things should improve
k&jsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k&jsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 8:51pm
i had that with my b/f twin jaidyn and took him into plunket who had both boys for the morning to see how they slept - of cse he was a perfect baby. but he didnt used to go to sleep unless b/f or in my arms and i would have to sneak him into his cot which made him wake up. in the end i got the sleep program video from plunket - which by the way i always vowed never to use!! and ended up having to do that which was really hard, i bawled my eyes out the whole 2 1/2hrs he screamed but it worked really quickly and i got my sanity back. plunket was excellent so give them a try - i went to the palmy nth one -
Marlene
Keegan ~ 14 October 2003
Jaidyn ~ 14 October 2003

Post Reply Post Reply