FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTriplet Stalkers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Triplet Stalkers
    Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:03am
Hey everyone.
Due to 'popular demand' I will set up a thread for general updates on the triplets during the pregnancy.
I was just wondering where should I put this?
Sponsored Links

sweetpea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:11am
I think in here is as good a place as any. Can we get this made sticky please something tells me its going to be really popular.
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:14am
Alright here we go. This is what has happened so far:

16th December – First Nana Nap
I started to get really tired over the last couple of days and today I just had to have a nap! I’d had a couple of symptoms such as this, implantation bleeding and a few minor cramps which are all pregnancy signs, but since it was our first month trying, I thought it was all in my head!

17th December – BFP
I shouldn’t have tested this early, but I convinced Ricky that if I did the test and it was negative, then I’d stop having this silly feeling that I was ‘up the duff’. Well Ricky waited outside the toilet while I went and did the pee on a stick thing, and I could see the lightest faintest line ever that I wasn’t sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I muttered ‘oh sh*t’ under my breath, when Ricky asked what I said ‘oh nothing...’ About a minute later, there was no doubt that it was a line. Ricky was not prepared for that at all! However I was over the moon and was on the phone to Mum in no time!

22nd December – How Embarrassing!
I think it was this date that I went to the mall and decided to have a glass of juice at the foodcourt. I ended up falling asleep and some lovely lady woke me up! First time I’ve fallen asleep in public (well apart from when I was very little I suppose). How embarrassing!

23rd December – Morning Sickness Starts
I started to get mild morning sickness today. It wouldn’t be until later on that I realised just mild it was!

2nd January – Projectile Vomit!
I don’t think I’ll ever forget this day! I had been feeling quite nauseous and vomited a little in the previous 48 hours. Ricky, my brother Al, and I were sitting out on the deck at the table in sun and I was trying to get some fresh air. I was trying to nibble on some marmite toast. Al was sitting across from me, and about 30 seconds after he stood up – I did an amazing projectile vomit all over where he had been sitting! Oh if only it was 30 seconds earlier, and I could have had my revenge for all the years of being the picked on little sister!

4th February – Midwife
I had my first midwives appointment today. It was mostly just taking medical history so there was nothing that interesting to report. She did feel my abdomen and said she couldn’t feel anything. I’m now wondering if maybe she just didn’t feel it right? As I had been feeling it for a while! She would know more than me though.

15th February – Uh oh... what do you mean there is three in there!?
We had our first ultrasound today. We were both so excited to see the babies! I was slightly worried something was wrong as I had been having quite bad cramps, but I also was still having bad morning sickness so I was hoping that meant things were ok. When the radiologist brought the pictures up on the screen, I did see that there was two ‘sacks’ and 3 blobby round things. Twins crossed my mind, thinking one baby was showing us topview (the one blob was it’s head) and one was side on (so the two blobs were head and tummy). But I also knew that I didn’t know what I was looking at and it could have been bladder or any other crazy thing.
She confirmed that this was our first ultrasound, and then asked if we were ready. My mind was racing ‘oh my, it’s twins isn’t it!’ However she then said “it’s triplets!” We were in absolute shock! She talked to us calmly for a couple of minutes while our minds tried to take in what was said, and then she zoomed in so we could see the babies individually (and they no longer looked like little blobs!).
It was absolutely amazing to see the little ones, wriggling around and waving. Hearing their heartbeats was surreal! I don’t think I enjoyed it as much as I would have liked as I was so shocked, but have since found out we will get extra scans due to there being three of them, so can’t wait until the next scan!
Afterwards I rung Mum from the car and asked if she was sitting down. She replied ‘oh no, it’s triplets isn’t it!’ as a joke. When I said yes she didn’t believe me. It wasn’t until she spoke to Ricky that she started to realise we were telling the truth!
We then went around to see Ricky’s parents. His Dad was home, but we had to wait 2 hours before his Mum came back! It was so hard to keep quiet for that long! We showed them a picture of one of the babies, and then showed them one of the three blobs (see Gallery for images). After squinting and looking sideways for a second, Ricky’s Dad said ‘is it twins?’ and Ricky said ‘plus one’. His Dad just shook his head, and his Mum couldn’t stop grinning for the next hour!
By the time I got home and rung Mum again, I found out she had already rung a few of the aunties and her friends to tell them. I have heard that in the days following she told not only everyone she knew, but also strangers who walked into the shop (she owns a cardmaking / scrapbooking shop in Tauranga). Poor customers!
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:24am
yay for the stalking thread - makes it nice and easy for us all .

Huge congratulations to you and your DH/DP. How exciting (and a bit scary) for you. And thank you so much for letting us share your amazing journey .

And just as a side note - I heard on the radio this morning that Touchwood are having their annual sale very soon (this month I think). They are in Tawa so might we worth giving them a call and getting some details (it was 6am so I didn't get the date )

mumzrule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mumzrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:41am
Oh how exciting. Don't be scared but I have been stalking you all over the place.

I'm am so excited for both you and Ricky
clover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:44am
*Hand up* another stalker here!
JoJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:48am
Congratulations! Man! best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy, your mum made me laugh.
Definately get on to the multiple birth club, I met a mum who had newborn triplets the other day and she had met all the other triplet mums in the area which is a great support.
kiwikid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwikid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:51am
Yay for our very own stalker thread, I second making this a sticky please!!!

Gosh my heart lept in my throat when I read about your first scan, I cant imagine how you and Ricky felt!!!!!!

I know a lady who works in a card making / scrapbook store in Tauranga, her first name is Sherryll, I wonder if you know her?

GuestGuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuestGuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 10:52am
Oh, so cool, thanks Zaylah, I will follow this thread with interest! All the best
My3Sons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote My3Sons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 11:02am

yay for triplet stalking! lol at the projectile vomit!!  Looking forward to reading all about your exciting journey!

Mum to Mr 10, Mr 6 and Mr 4

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 11:04am
Yay!! I was hoping a thread like this would pop up!!
I too am another stalker! (although not quite so silently!)
You had me in stitches laughing about the vomit, and in tears about telling your mum! Too cute!!

+1 May 09 Angel
lisa85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisa85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 11:26am
Have you thought about making a blog?

TTC #3 since Jan 2010 - PCOS
MC April 2010
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 11:32am
Haha triple stalking..love it!

And yeah, I was going to say that too (about a blog).. I bet you'd have followers worldwide!
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 11:52am
Oooh yay, thanks for the thread! Also cracked up about the projectile vomit, and LOL at your mum "it's triplets, isn't it!"
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 12:04pm
You mean a blog instead of on here aye?
Which would you guys prefer, a thread or a blog? I don't really care which - hopefully won't take me too long to work out how to do a blog! I'm sure it won't.
jaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 12:07pm
do both

Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 12:07pm
I actually recon blog it... But could do both, just copy and paste

+1 May 09 Angel
EmDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 12:08pm
Excellent, now I don't have to stalk you through your due in thread

Looking forward to following your progress
DS 8
DD 6
DS 4
DD 2
MyLilSquishy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyLilSquishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 12:14pm
lol stalker here too. almost cried at the end about telling your mum and OHs parents lol. man wish i owned a scrapbooking shop lol. good luck hun!!!!

and i 3rd making it sticky and i think a blog and in here would be awesome. copy and paste is magic hehe

edit: typing one handed sucks... but i dont want to put down my cuppa hehe

Edited by Kahlia
xLUCKYx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xLUCKYx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 12:20pm
lol I had to crack up at your projectile vomit and falling asleep in the food court! Thanks for sharing your experiences - I look forward to hearing more!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>