FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYuck taste in my mouth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yuck taste in my mouth
    Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:14am
I've had an awful taste in my mouth for about 5 days and I just can't shake it. Some foods mask it for a bit, some foods taste revolting, and some foods make the after taste worse. I asked the husband, but apparently my breath doesn't stink any for it (the things a husband has to do ) it's just one of those things.

I'm not eating anything different, I'm not feeling unwell or anything, and I haven't changed anything such as toothpaste or whatever

Does anyone have any ideas as to what can cause a yuck taste on the mouth, or what food/drink/other can neutralise it a bit?

It's a not quite sour taste .. a bit of a cross between a coppery after taste, and what I imagine chewing on an iron bar would be like.

Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:20am
Drinking lots of water is suppose to help bad breath, don't know if it works for bad taste though.

Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:20am
ewwwwwwwwwww sounds yuck, i know some women get that kinda taste when pregnant, i hope it goes soon

Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:36am
was going to say that as well Kaz, is an early pregnancy symptom. No other ideas, I had it the other week and couldn't find anything to help it sorry
Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:37am
I hate that taste I have no good ideas except that I found it way worse after a sleep because of the build up of saliva but that probably doesn't help at all. Mints and brushing teeth lots might help
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:38am
I thought it might be a hormonal thing, so obviously if it is, there's not much to do except wait for my hormone levels to change. Bollocks.
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:57am
Pregnancy..?!?

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:10am
Nah meow. It'd be one hell of a miracle if I was. AF is a few days late, so I think it must be hormone levels associated with that. It's the only thing I can put it down to, especially if it sounds like the taste some people get while pg.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:14am
That would be a pretty kewl miracle.
If AF usually late for you regularly?
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:33am
I'm normally pretty regular, but it's not completely odd that it'd be a couple of days late. I had a 33 day cycle back in July which was one out of the box, I normally sit around 28 days. I've 27 days for the last few months, and this is day 30. So not extremely strange, if that makes sense.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:38am
Have you started on the Chinese herbs? You might not be taking them right now, but if you were earlier inthe month, perhaps they have thrown the horemones out of wack
ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 9:53am
No I haven't. I can't start them until AF is underway - so, of course, AF goes on holiday, doesn't it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:01am
hehe, imagine if you were pregnant after going and getting all the herby stuff. Don't you love how AF can really mess with you
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:07am
Originally posted by mum2paris mum2paris wrote:

That would be a pretty kewl miracle.

That's what I was thinking! Do you have some tests anywhere?
I've been following your posts and you deserve to get pregnant the most after all that you've been through!

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:23am
I always get a funny metallic-y taste in my mouth pre a horrible period, the really nauseous, crampy, heavy ones.

Sorrysorrysorry! that's probably not what you wanted to hear Ginger!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:24am
Tests? Hehe. I haven't had tests for quite some time I'd rather buy myself morning tea

I'd be way too embarrassed at this stage to get pregnant having sex (plus I have a kick ass pre-period back ache)

Plus, Al said he'd kill me after forking out for flights AND $300 for the herbs!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:25am
To be honest....if you don't think it would get your hopes up too much, I'd test...just to rule it out. That would be a cool miracle!

That aside I don't know what else would cause it...have you had a dental check up recently?

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:40am
*cough* about 7 years ago *cough*

That's a very good thought actually Paws and far more likely than being pregnant! I've had some sore teeth on and off over the last few weeks...

Hmmmmm !!!
mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:52am

Go and buy a test and put us out of our missery. I think it would be really cool if you were pregnant.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 11:06am
Well I'd still test just becuase I think you owe us!!!

And book in with the dentist....now!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>