FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIVF Buddy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
apples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IVF Buddy
    Posted: 30 October 2011 at 11:04pm
Hello Girls, I thought I'd start a new chat for any of you out there in the process of treatment... I'm looking for a IVF cycle buddy..anybody?

This is my second time round, first cycle was privately funded and failed:-( Also had a one spare frozen one that failed :-(

This time round it is publicly funded YAY!!
And I am on the short cycle (they tell me) last time I responded to well to the Gonal-F and had to coast for a few days sooo, egg quality was not great due to this.

any mates out there??

Sponsored Links

Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 12:28pm
Hi Apples, we have a facebook IVF group if you want to join? Its a private group and only members know you have joined and see your posts. There are plenty of girls in the IVF process at the moment. If you want to join private message me on OhBaby
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility
IVF#1 - Chem Pregnancy,no frosties
IVF#2 - BFP!!!! Plus 1 frostie

jomiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2011 at 4:30pm
This could be the thread that I should have joined.
I have just started on my third IVF - ICSI. And this is my last public funded one, went overseas for a second IVf that gave a false chemical positive, so not clear whether it was a miscarriage or just chemical pregnancy in March this year.
I have been given Buserelin starting from my day 21 after my AF, so started injections on 25th, and have been told to do it till 9-10 November after first blood test on 7th November, are you or anyone else here on a similar treatment cycle.
how has your experience at fertility plus been in auckland, this is my second round with them.
Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone on their treatments now, God Bless.
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Emz26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emz26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 11:27am
Hi all,
I'd love to join this group and if possable i would like to join the fb group aswell.we are starting our first round of ICSI now and would like to have some buddies who are going through the same or similar thing
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2011 at 11:43am
Just Private message me and I will give you the details
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility

apples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 10:53pm
jomiracle - Hello! and all the very best to you!
We are indeed cycle buddies, My last treatment was just over a year ago and as far as I can remmember.. what you are describing sounds very much the same as what I had last year.
I took the standard dose and that turned out to be way too high, I over responded and like I said in my earlier post I had 26 follicles of which 15 matured but egg quality was low and only 2 fertilized.
This time round I am on the short cetrotide cycle and I am only taking 112 Gonal-F. I started that on the 28th of Oct.
I was in for a scan today and the Doc was happy with the amount and size of follicles on both ovaries. They told me today to expect egg collection on the 7/8 Nov. That is sooo fast compared to last time.

Hellooo Emz26 - ALL the very best to you too! What cycle are you on? Have you started yet?

Tiff8ny - thanx, I'l look into the FB thing!
apples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2011 at 11:14pm
Last time around I requested a Blastocyst (day 5 transfer) my doc at FA Hamilton said I had no choice in the matter I have to go with day 3.
I only found out later that their lab was not totally up to standard (at the time) with their cultures etc. That was the reason they were pushing for day 3 tansfers. However I think they are now all up to standard and is mostly pushing for Blastocyst transfers.
Emz26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emz26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 5:57pm
Hi apples,
im doing a long cycle of IVF/ICSI and I am so proud of myseld as last night I did my first Bureselin injection!! And am about to do the second. Est EC is 28th Nov!! This is our first cycle and and very excited oh and very tired
apples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2011 at 10:40pm
Emz26 - good on ya for doing those injections yourself!!
First time round DH had to, I couldn't do them myself. Can't stand the sight of needles.. this time round I'm much braver did them all myself
kaz77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaz77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 7:23am
Hi there
Im new to this, but have just started our first ivf cycle. Doing the long protocol started Gonal F last night.
Anyone else had headaches & feeling really tired on the buserilin?
Good luck to everyone, fingers crossed x
Emz26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emz26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 8:25am
Hi Kaz77, Yes i am extremely tired!! it started for me when I started taking the Pill (im on the long cycle) on my third day of Buserelin and boy im so tired and am struggling to sleep. Im just trying to slow down my life a lil, quite hard as my parents and one close friend are the only ones that know we are doing it, everyone else still thinks we are waiting for Jan 2012 which is what we had but then got bumped up.People wondering why im not drinking, They are all like what about just one!! or the ladies at the gym wondering why Im not there at 5.30am anymore!! It is very hard!!
But am enjoying it all, and just trying to take everything in my stride and im determined ill do everything 100% right so we only have to go throught this once!! :)
Love and support to you all x
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 8:47am
Hi kaz77, all the best for your cycle. We have a facebook group where everyone hangs out these days. Its a private group where only members can see your posts and comments. If you want to join let me know and I can add you there are a lot of ladies in the 2ww and amongst cycles at the moment who can share their experiences and knowledge with you.
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility

jomiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:53am
Hi Kaz77, I am on long protocol too, started 20 units buserelin on 25th oct, and wont get started on gonal F till around 10nov, how many days do you have to take your gonal F and how much???I am feeling terrible just like Emz as I have constant slow background type headaches which comesabout midday and then keep growing , cant sleep and look like a truck has gone over me(my workmates say this), no one knows about us being on IVF so this is the only group I can share with.
can someone tell me if the headaches and weary feeling actually stop at some stage............
I was going to the gym 5-6 times a week, but doing moderate exercise, now dont even have the energy to step in there, I know exactly what you eman Emmz, its tough to understand what our bodies are going through, wonder what reactions Gonal F will bring?
good luck to all of us,
Jo, so excite dto see your emby pics!!!!!!!
jomiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 9:55am
hey guys, if I want to go back to my PM history , how do I do it here?
please help!!!!
Tiff8ny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiff8ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 10:12am
go to private messanger up the top of this page and it will take you to your inbox
Me 32, DH 30
TTC 4+ years
Unexplained Infertility

kaz77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaz77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:35am
Thanks for your replies.it's nice to hear from others in the same boat!
I felt fine the first week on buserilin but the second has been awful.
My headache starts an hour after getting up, and I feel completely drained. My boss has been great put me on sick for next week then have a wks leave. All going to plan EC and ET happen the week of the 13th! What is everyone's thoughts on returning to work after ET?
jomiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jomiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:56am
Hi Kaz77, i think that after ET you take 2-3 days off, and just relax body and soul.
I have a question to everyone reading, on long protocol, started buserelin on 25Oct and just got my AF, was told by my nurse to expect it, but on my 2 previous cycles never had it.
How many days does AF last when you get it onyour IVF cycle, i have to go for down regulation first blood test on 7th Nov then to start STIMS around 9-10 Nov, is this normal process that my body is reacting the way it should????

3rd IVF/ICSI Oct 2011
kaz77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaz77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 12:46pm
Jomiracle
My AF arrived day 30 as usual. Was told it may be heavier and more crampy than normal, I didn't feel any different.But i have been spotting browny discharge since, now day two of stims.
Its all kind or surreal doing ivf, i just want it to work so much
Emz26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emz26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 4:36pm
Hey everyone, just wanting to know what or if any of you are doing some kind of fitness through your cycle? Im looking into doing yoga,as b4 starting ICSI I was at the gym 5 days a week and feeling a lil blah cause im not doing too much fitness wise, still want to take it very easy but just wanted to know what everyone else is doing
apples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:56pm
wow ladies, you guys are having rough times with the tiredness and headaches!
I can't remember having headaches when I was on the long protocol but near the end of the buserilin I did get a bit lethargic and could definitely feel discomfort from my ovaries enlarging. I had mild form of OHSS though so mine was quite large..size of a small orange.

Emz26 - THis Forum is great, I learned so much from the other girls on here. I am sooo glad I only told one friend I am doing IVF the last time around, because when it did turn out to be a BFN (Big Fat No/Negative)
I did not have to tell anybody the bad news and have to deal with with them feeling sorry for me - it was tough enough feeling sorry for myself!! the girls on here was my comfort.
As far as going to the gym etc, I am quite active myself, the doc told me that it is fine to continue exercise, especially if you are used to it. This time round I have been doing exercise until a couple of days ago but the last two days I couldn't do anything, my lower abdomen is visibly swollen and even walking fast feels uncomfortable. I am pretty much at the worst phase though, FA called this afternoon and told me to take the trigger tonight.YAY! EC this Sunday YAY!

Kaz77 - My EC the last time was pretty much pain free and I went back to work the next day. Some girls have a rough time though, I think it differs from person to person. Will give you the heads-up come Sunday.

jomiracle - all the best, hang in there, EC comes around in no time, good luck for blood tests on the 7th!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>