FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAll Mothers Please Read

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Mothers Please Read
    Posted: 23 August 2008 at 9:55am
Ok so I am a serial lurker who does not post much but I need to post this.

Please Please make sure when you give your little ones apples that you peal of all of the Skin - a few seconds extra work can prevent a tragedy.

There is a little Boy 14 months from Te Awamutu who is in hospital in starship on life support as he choked on an apple, the apple was well chewed but doctors found the peal on his lungs.

For all of those out there who are religious please have this little boy in your prayers.

This has really touched a cord with me and I have been following this little boys progress on the TM parenting site

Sponsored Links

kaylabumbis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylabumbis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:01am
I have been thinking about wee Kory since it happened.
Such a sad sad accident. Hopefully WHEN he gets through this there will be minimal brain damage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:04am
Me too, I am constantly checking the TM thread hoping for some good news.

I just hope that soon he wakes up and is asking for his mumma and dadda hugs

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:12am
I too have been following this on the TM message board. Im a serial lurker there too. I really feel for the family.

I always peel Kylahs apples, not that she eats them.
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:27am
me too! i have been following the thread on tm and hoping for the best for wee kory. gosh how one moment can change things aye?!! it is soooo awful and i feel for the family and the daycare.

keep on fighting wee kory xoxox
Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 11:31am
Me too, ive been checking the TM thread as well....i dont post much over there but i lurk around.

Hugs xxxxxx

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 1:39pm
Will be peeling his apples from now on. I hope the little boy recovers soon and there isn't too much damage.

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 1:44pm
Thanks for posting this Y&E. Thoughts are with this poor family xx
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 3:24pm
That's so sad. Hannah was helping herself to whole apples at that age
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 5:35pm
That sounds awful. Poor boy and his family.

Was this in the news or anything? I have tried finding a news story, but can't see anything about it. I assume it is a horrible random situation cause otherwise we surely would all be warned about it if it is a regular occurance?

Deez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 6:03pm
Just went over for a quick peek and they are going to try and wake Kory up tomorrow. They need to do some more test.

Lycan and Peyton = Moon and back!!
pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 6:20pm
Ok, only found one very short news story for anyone like me who didn't know about it.
Linky

From reading the comments in the TM thread some were updating that he had a seizure and it wasn't related to choking on an apple? I'm just curious about this aspect of it as I have always been a bit paranoid about choking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 6:52pm
Just from what I have read on TM - Kory was a day care and choked on apple - at first they thought this was not the case and that it was a seizure but now have found apple peal on his lungs indicating this was what he choked on

Please lil man pull through for your Mummy and daddy.

The best way to follow this progress is through TM - Parenting PRAYERS FOR KBKMUM PLEASE

2bmumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bmumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 9:22pm
I can't imagine ever having to be in such a situation our thoughts are with you and your family Kory
Sara

Corban (22/11/04)
Connor (18/04/06)
Chelsea (21/05/08)
Daizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:00pm
Aww this is so sad.. I hope he pulls through!!!! Many thoughts and prayers to him and his family

kaylabumbis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylabumbis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 2:02pm
Poor Kory passed peacefully away today just after lunch.
My heart bleeds for his family...
Fly free wee man.
mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 2:17pm
when i just read that over in TM i shed tears, that is sooooooooo sad.

life is sooooooooooo unbelievably precious, my heart is breking for his family
caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 3:13pm
How tragic Lots of prayers for his family and loved ones xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Life is so hard sometimes, and as you say Rach, so precious. We've got to treasure what we have while we can.
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 6:54pm
   from apple peel??     

OMG that's so incredibly sad!    my heart goes out to his family

Brenna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 7:10pm
OMG the poor family. This has given me goosebumps    
My beautiful 2 girls...nearly 4 and 13 months
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>