FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhelp re poos and gas - poss TMI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help re poos and gas - poss TMI
    Posted: 17 March 2008 at 10:07pm
Ok ladies i need your help.

first i was constipated - took lactulose and prunes then wham, the opposite of above complaint.

then nothing for two days and then the horrible grippy pains of bad gas and the need to go do no 2's then bam diarrhoea again. told the nurse today and she said prob from the voltaren so gave something else to take home...

Only now i am home and i have the diarrhoea bad...it grips my guts and i have to run to the toilet only it seems to make me want to strain and i think i read somewhere that you shouldnt strain...and i know it is giving me a pain in the haemorrhoids!!!

so what do i do??? i'd hate to think what a "real" bowel motion would feel like...   

any suggestions people...?!

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 10:14pm
Kiwi juice, one or two glasses a day. Or kiwi crush would do as well.

I had those gut wrenching pains for a little while, normally when feeding, don't know if uterus contracting caused something in the bowels, like the cramping affecting it or whether is was just cos it was an inconvenient time for it to happen. It did settle down after 3-4 weeks. They would sometimes cause a rush to the loo but then would struggle to go (sorry tmi) and no you shouldn't strain.

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 10:18pm
yeah heard kiwifruit juice was good too...make sure plenty of fluids cause the hard one will hurt!!!! I burst one of my Haems last week when i had tummy bug and could not SIT all day long...

I get the painyou are talking about cause of scar tissue pressing...not much you can do if it is that exccpt drink lots of go a few times a day to clear it all out and not block up...

eh gads - sorry TMI!!!
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 11:09pm
i remember those times deb...not fun at all!!!!
drink plenty of fluids defintately! go as soon as you need to and try to sit leaning forward with your legs slightly elevated.....as in up on tippy toes

best of luck hun, it does get better, just takes abit of time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 11:10pm
oh and yeah......do NOT strain!!!   if it's not coming, leave it and try again later

i could barely sit for weeks after having charli, had to take a donut pillow with me everywhere

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:43am
thanks guys... sounds like i can put the kids bathroom stool to good use then. and thanks for the reminder about the water... wasnt doing it so much today.    

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 1:46am
i had this too..first few days nothing and the gas pain hurt so bad..then it wouldnt come out even though i really needed it too(sorry TMI) ..and then i would have to run there to get it to come out:( for a week after i got home the hemmies didnt bother me...but now they are back and straining makes them worse....:( so glamourous..i still somtimes have a need to go and have diareoa:( for no apparent reason...mw told me they put hot towels on the gut and ti takes along time for it to get back to normal..i still kinda feel like a connection is missing somewhere:(
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 2:47am
i was wondering tonight if maybe i was confusing "i need to go toilet" pain with after pains. i never got after pains with the boys and am not so sure...it was your post cuppatea that made me wonder that so have posted a question in the first baby section about after pains... My body is confused and i am having real trouble reading it and feel really ripped off having haemorrhoids when i didnt even push baby out...    

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:41am
Yes, having a c/s isn't the easy option that some people think it is

I've just seen the after pains thread and now realise that you meant the contracting Sometimes they would cause a run to the loo and other times they wouldn't. I honestly can't remember if I got those horrible gut pains at any other time. The after pains themselves though were bad period like pains and in the first few days I could actually feel the contracting (and tmi, would feel a rush off blood come out), I just think that is was perhaps that contracting that was irritating an already not very happy bowel.

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:46am
i got both..after pains and stomach pains and they felt kinda similar...:(

cuppatea- i used to think that..not any freaking more:( (easy option)...esp emergency i think Bizzy...makes it even worse...I know how you feel!!

Edited by kawwww
Mum to two amazing boys!
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 9:49am
my husband said to me as they were prepping me - "and people choose this"?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

feel really ripped off having haemorrhoids when i didnt even push baby out...    

i hear ya on that one deb!!!   i never had hemmies before charli, now of course they are always a problem

c/s definately aren't easy, i've had 2 and would never choose it over a VB

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 10:18am
i am choosing it next time..even though i got to 9cm because he got in such distress and ended up 3 APGAR..so for his safety i will...but physcially i would NEVER choose it.i just didnt realise how hard it is to recover..as i only knew one person and she was up and about 2 or 3 days later with 2nd c section(but i didnt know she felt like crap all the time and had 24 hr help!!!
Mum to two amazing boys!
MumsyMoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MumsyMoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:00pm
METAMUCIL! It saved my freaking life I swear!

That gut pain is really a pain in the arse (no pun intended) you seriously can't figure out what's going on.

I remember quite vividly (ok, so it was only 6 weeks ago) sitting on the toilet breaking out in a cold sweat cos I was in so much pain, not knowing whether my butt was going to either vomit or tear apart... That's seriously what it felt like.

I also remember (and this is definately TMI) the first few motions I did manage to have were so pitiful it wasn't funny... All the pain and sufferign for a few pathetic marbles that were like tar... It was NOT a fun time at all.

But seriously, Metamucil is great... It's a bit grainy to drink, but it doesn't taste too bad (just make sure you get Orange and not Original) otherwise the other option is Benefibre, which isn't grainy at all and is flavourless, so you can add it to water and it'll still taste like water.
My wee girl is the love and light of my life!
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 1:37pm
Welcome to the "too posh to push" section Deb Just kidding!

yep - lots of water and fibre in your diet. Also it might pay to ask your MW or GP to check if it is hemorriods, they might be able to give you something to calm it down?!?

I had the pain too and didn't have hemorriods, was told it was because the bowel gets shoved around when they are trying to get baby out so it will be extra sensitive for a while.

I agree also with the pooping position

Ahhh the glamour of the VIP birth
Shorty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:53pm
I so don't remember any pain other than with the wound itself!
I drank more than 10 litres of water in the first week and then another 8 in the second and managed to keep up the 8 for the next couple....so maybe water is a key?
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 6:22pm
I definately think that water is the key!   My mum gave me some tea called Alpine Tea which is a very mild form of laxative and it's gentle and tastes ok. I honestly had the worst constipation EVER and I won't even tell you what lengths I went to to get that poo out, because it's not something anyone in here needs to read about.

Worst thing I ever did after my c/s was not listen to the doctors/midwife about making sure I didn't get constipated!
ShellandBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellandBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:17pm
Yep, like two blondinis said, they push your bowels around whilst "in there" and that affects your bowels for a few days. I think its probably mainly gas moving around in your gut, but defnitely stick to the metamucil (or equivalent) twice a day for the next few days and LOTS of water and move around (within reason) to get things coming along. Just one of the joys of having a c/s !!

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:32pm
Sorry, I know I've never had a c-sect, but I'm just having a wee giggle imagining Posh Spice with wind pains and diarrohea
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Maya Maya wrote:

Sorry, I know I've never had a c-sect, but I'm just having a wee giggle imagining Posh Spice with wind pains and diarrohea

You can't get diarrohea when you don't eat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>